• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is Deep Creek Open?

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I am going to play in Big Bear a couple of days during the week after Christmas. A buddy will be out here in his full size Cherokee Chief.

I have never ran Deep Creek (Dishpan Springs) and would like to. Is it open?

If so , I will run it from the Lake Arrowhead side over to 3N16, then catch another trail if time permits.

Thanks,

Robert

Still closed as far as I know. If you go through green valley to see if it is open at the top you can run it both ways. If not you will be right next to Holcombe creek and trails to Big Bear. Problem with going in through Arrowhead is that if it is still closed there is no way to get to Big Bear without going back out to the highway. IMO it's just a PITA and the long way around when you're not sure.

TIM

SBNF road closure info

Last edited:
Bent said:
Still closed as far as I know. If you go through green valley to see if it is open at the top you can run it both ways. If not you will be right next to Holcombe creek and trails to Big Bear. Problem with going in through Arrowhead is that if it is still closed there is no way to get to Big Bear without going back out to the highway. IMO it's just a PITA and the long way around when you're not sure.

TIM

SBNF road closure info

Thanks. I found out the hard way last year. We wasted over an hour driving over, finding it closed, then driving back.

would you mind a couple of other jeeps tagging along. what would the difficulty level be. i have a mostly stock XJ and my father has a stock cj5. i will be in cali thursday after x-mas for a few days and want to wheel some. i will be in the imperial valley.

Thanks Craig

crasy1_69 said:
would you mind a couple of other jeeps tagging along. what would the difficulty level be. i have a mostly stock XJ and my father has a stock cj5. i will be in cali thursday after x-mas for a few days and want to wheel some. i will be in the imperial valley.

Thanks Craig

I have no problem with others wanting to join. My plans are to wheel on Tues and Wed after Christmas, and maybe go back up the following Sat. Everything depends on money, weather, Jeep, and money. I will defintely be up there on Tuesday morning around 10:00 AM. I will be meeting a couple of buddies from AZ in thier full size Jeeps.

If I make it back up on Sat, I will gladly run a trail that the stock XJ can go on with not much trouble.

Keep an eye on this board to see what gets scheduled.

BTW, it is a little drive from Imperial Valley to Big Bear, I think.

Robert, contact Greg Hoffman, he's the OHV recreation manager for the SB natl forest.

I don't think they have the bridge finished yet, but he's they guy that told us they were trying to get the trail opened by end of November.

jonboy said:
Robert, contact Greg Hoffman, he's the OHV recreation manager for the SB natl forest.

I don't think they have the bridge finished yet, but he's they guy that told us they were trying to get the trail opened by end of November.

Thanks jonboy

3N34 Deep Creek/Dishpan Springs, from 2N25 to Fisherman's trailhead 2W07(~3/4 mile East of Crab Flats)
According to the USFS website, this section of 3N34 will be opening soon. The site states that will be this week, but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think I'll be able to get up there to physically verify the status until the first weekend in June, it's a Calico thing. :D I'd like to run it during the day to refresh my memory. After that, a Cleghorn to Gold mountain night run will be in order. John, Ken, since you two are the only ones that show up; are you listening? ;)

:party:

Back