• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Leakage Throughout Cab

tylergrant2011

NAXJA Forum User
1.)On a 1987 Comanche, can anyone tell me why there is such an annoying whistling noise coming from around the passenger floorboard. This noise only exist when I slide the selector switch for the air and heat to the OFF position. But it will go away when I slide it to VENT.

2.) Also there is air getting in by the driver window, it don't make much noise but you can definitely feel the cold air. I was thinking maybe the old brittle weatherstripping, but not sure of the best place to purchase it.

Thanks.

Rock Auto has weather stripping. Running the vent pressurizes the cabin so things change. Door seals really quiet down thing a lot.

I can hear the air leaking by the windows it doesn't bother me too much but the noise under the passenger side of the dash is driving me nuts.

97+ XJ 4dr door weather strip is thicker than stock MJ. I have installed it on my renix XJ and MJ.

Back