• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

At Ruffstuff we've Lowered Diff Cover Prices!

Dan Fredrickson

NAXJA Forum User
Same great 3/8" thick covers but with the recent drop in steel prices we were able to lower our Diff Cover prices by $10 across the board!

They used to be a great value for around $10 more than the rest you got a cover twice as thick, now for about the same price you get the same cover!

And you can still take the discount too and get much more for much less :greensmok

Still welded inside & out, still machined Flat after welding!
album%20dif%20cover%20pic.jpg

14%20Bolt%20Cover%202%2016%2008.jpg

D44%20Diff%20cover%202%2016%2008.jpg

Thanks for your continued patronage and we will continue our efforts to bring you fair prices!

you sneaky bugar, haha.
these are worth it at $10 more let alone $10 less.

Dang I still haven't uploaded my
stock -vs- ballpean and
RuffStuff -vs- ballpean pictures yet. Will try and get them up sometime in the near future. Stamped covers like the 8.25, 8.8 its not even close... the cast ones fare a little better.

I was @ Rausch Creek this weekend crawling a trail and heard a loud noise and large rocks moving, when I asked my bro what was up his words were " dont worry your just pushing rocks outa the way with the beefy a$$ diff covers you have" ... turned out to be decent size rocks ... these have best investment I have made ... will recommend to anyone, especially for and awesome price ...

Will the D30 cover clear my tie rod? Its one of the TBT Aluminum ones and its pretty big. Already have Dan's cover on my 8.8.

Have you checked your Toe In? That is usually the problem when that happens.

the WJ setup pulls it in a little closer too. I run a crane cover up front and have barely a half inch at full lock - and its not nearly as beefy as your cover.

I believe I have about 1/8" toe in (using a tape measure so it's probably not all that accurate). I'll double check and post a pic if you're interested.

I'm very Impressed, I made an order 20 Minutes ago and I had a tracking number in less than 15minutes. :guitar:

Thanks Dan
-Joe

Checked my toe and I'm dead on at 0 (granted I'm using a measuring tape but I triple-checked myself).

No worries man, I'd rather have the beef and lose a little bit on full-lock. I can't wait to test these things out!

Diff.jpg

got it yesterday, would have had it Monday nly question I have it what size is the fill plug?

It might be neat if someone could lay down a Ruff Stuff cover and a stock cover, then take a picture that showns how the depth of each compares.

Well I don't have a comparision of depths... but here is my RS D30 cover next to the stock Ford 8.8 cover.
My 8.8 cover is already on, so no comp pics of it sorry. When I do the ball joints on the D30 I will remove the cover and show what they look like side by side and depths if I remember.

In the mean time, here is the result of hitting the stock 8.8 cover with a 1lb ballpean hammer 3 times... and same thing to the RS D30 cover.

side by side from top
JJ5kDz115459-02.jpg

side by side for thickness (not even fair really)
.V6RhK745167-02.jpg

3 hit damage to 8.8 top/angled view
ZJlMhj518821-02.jpg

side view
cgdev9354456-02.jpg

You'll notice in pic #1 the white smudge on the top of the RS cover... thats the ballpean damage, you can see the primer.
I figure the stock D30 will fair a little better, maybe I'll use a 6lbs sledge instead.

Last edited:
Diff.jpg

got it yesterday, would have had it Monday nly question I have it what size is the fill plug?

I wondered the same thing and somebody said Autozone sells the allen head tool in a 3 pack for $7.99 to $9.99. Something like that. I went and they have them in stock in the Great Neck brand I believe. I have the part number at home. If you need it I can look it up for you.

Definately not as cheap as Dan's method but easy to find at the local store.

I should post some updated picture with it painted.

Here you go. A side by side of the D30 covers. About a 3/4" difference.

P1010074.JPG

ha I did the same thing today, but with a magnetic level instead of the wood one.
I came up with 1/2" tho, either way, its thicker than stock but a fair amount.

Back