• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle relocation brackets!! YAY!

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
e42826d8.jpg

These will allow you to run a better shackle angle, which will improve your off road capability as well as your on road ride.

These will allow you to lower your upper mounting position by 3 inches (lift would be around 1.5" if you maintain a vertical shackle), and move it forward up to 5". If you want to run longer spring you can simply flip the the shackle bracket.

More pictures can be seen here, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=955999

If you would like to buy a set they will be $145 to your door for what is shown plus an extra shackle bolt and the two washers and nuts to hold the two pieces together. We are still sourcing the frame inserts, once we find those we will offer them as well (separatly).

Please contact myself or Dirk Pitt (Adam Dowling) for purchasing info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Shackle relocation brackets 130 to your door

Adam, sent you a pm

BOB

ALL ORDERS TO DATE HAVE BEEN SHIPPED.
11 MORE SETS IN STOCK NOW.

BRIANHO13 said:
These will allow you to run a better shackle angle, which will improve your off road capability as well as your on road ride.

These will allow you to lower your upper mounting position by 3 inches (lift would be around 1.5" if you maintain a vertical shackle), and move it forward up to 5". If you want to run longer spring you can simply flip the the shackle bracket.

More pictures can be seen here, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=955999

If you would like to buy a set they will be $130 to your door for what is shown plus an extra shackle bolt and the two washers and nuts to hold the two pieces together. We are still sourcing the frame inserts, once we find those we will offer them as well (separatly).

Please contact myself or Dirk Pitt (Adam Dowling) for purchasing info.

When will you post the winner of your contest? Original post said the 22nd.

Great pieces installed nicely, we are headed out this weekend for a 5 day wheelin trip, we will see how these hold up. I will post up some picks when i get back.

I guess ill post up in here too.....

I Finally got them installed. From only taking it out around the block 1 time, Ill I can say is...........the ride...........is amazingly smooth!!!

I can now push up and down on the corner of my rear bumper and see and feel movement.

Ill let everyone know how well it does next time I take it out on the trail.

Here are some pics of it installed

(Note: I took out the bolts for the frame rail so I can get by trailer hitch back on, and I also loosed the adjustment nuts so I can fine tune the shackle angle this weekend. So no flaming me for installing it wrong or that my shackle angle looks off)

O and sorry for the crapy pics, I will get better 1s once it’s all properly installed and on the trail

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205-1.jpg

i dont see how you can just flip these to run a longer spring, there is a metal plate that is just below the shakle holes that would apear to be on the wrong side..

ChrisRFewell said:
i dont see how you can just flip these to run a longer spring, there is a metal plate that is just below the shakle holes that would apear to be on the wrong side..

The only piece you have to flip to run a longer spring is the lower "U-shapped" piece.

Odds are you wouldn't have to flip the U-shaped piece to run a longer spring unless you are extending your wheelbase. There is a small bit of steel that would have to be trimmed from the unibody to flip the U-shapped piece but trimming would be very minimal (you also might have to clearance the bumper, depending on what you are running).

Just ordered a set of these...looking forward to fixing my awful shackle angle.

I may have to order these simply for the fact i snapped a weld no in the sotck shackle location and this may be a safer inexpensive alternative to my jerry rigging job.

Man,, FAST shipping!!!!! And these things are BEEFY!!!!! I cant wait to get em in!!!!

Thanks guys!!

super fast shipping and as everyone has said these things are stout, excellent craftmanship, cant wait to install thabnks again ray

yes hardware is provided, i have had mine on for a week now and they are an excellent upgrade imo, one of the best things i have doen, the ride and flex is much better than it was will tyr to post some pics if i can figure out how to do it

yes hardware is provided, i have had mine on for a week now and they are an excellent upgrade imo, one of the best things i have doen, the ride and flex is much better than it was will tyr to post some pics if i can figure out how to do it

Use photobucket.com to host them.

If you cant figure it out PM me for my Email and Ill post them up for you.

Back