• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bender

HilltopXJ

NAXJA Member #950
Just ordered a JD2 model 3 tubing/pipe bender. I can hardly wait till it gets here. :party: Does anyone else have this unit? It looks to be the best I could find in my price range.

HilltopXJ said:
Just ordered a JD2 model 3 tubing/pipe bender. I can hardly wait till it gets here. :party: Does anyone else have this unit? It looks to be the best I could find in my price range.

Friend has it. works great.

hopefully you bought some die's too...

most of the time they are sold without them...

XJ_ranger said:
hopefully you bought some die's too...

most of the time they are sold without them...

yep, I got the 1.75" die. When I get the die I'll try to copy it for other sizes.
Cant be to hard replicate. At work my boss lets use do "G" jobs on the lathes and mills. We also got a kickass heat treater. I cant wait to get started on my cage!

Have had mine for 2 years, converted it to full hydro immediately and it's never given me a problem. Some guys have stated problems with the follower dies galling the tube, mine did at first but a little work with a die grinder and flap it's still on the originals. It's bent thousands of feet. If you ever decide to go full hydro, don't buy their setup. Save yourself a lot of money doing it yourself and it's not complicated at all.

AJsArmor said:
Have had mine for 2 years, converted it to full hydro immediately and it's never given me a problem. Some guys have stated problems with the follower dies galling the tube, mine did at first but a little work with a die grinder and flap it's still on the originals. It's bent thousands of feet. If you ever decide to go full hydro, don't buy their setup. Save yourself a lot of money doing it yourself and it's not complicated at all.
It's gotta work well for you to be able to offer the pricing you do for the quality you give.

Thanks man. I do gotta raise some of the prices though, steel costs, welding gas and wire have all gone up considerably in the past year, I've just eaten it since then.

AJsArmor said:
Thanks man. I do gotta raise some of the prices though, steel costs, welding gas and wire have all gone up considerably in the past year, I've just eaten it since then.
No reason for that (eating cost increases, that is). Your junk, and reputation, is too good to give away.
Seriously.

I have the model 4 and love it but recently I changed all the guid pads to there new aluminum style works much better and its a smother bend. The machine just glides throught bends no chatter or galling. anyone who has not upgraded to the aluminum pads I would suggest it.

How are these benders at bending aluminum tubing and pipe?

K

I tried some aluminum tube on my JD2 the other day. It bent fine, but the aluminum part of the die marred the tube alot. then again, I didnt have much lube on there.

- Vegard

Bender got droped off on friday :heart: Damn that thing is BEEFY!! Now I need to get it mounted to my shop floor. I cant wait till next weekend.

Back