• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pinched seam q&a

biscuitboy87

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking for opinions about the strength of the pinch seam under the doors is...
i am going to make some "sliders" like the ones warn makes for the CJ and was wondering if i can drill it and bolt to it???
this is one option which looks easy and seems very low profile (as i prefer the stock look), really i'm just looking for some protection for the door sills and the pinch seams themselves, and seems that it will net the most protection if i decide to get a little more past the XJ's clearance limits...
also are the areas below the door sills called rockers???
TIA
Nim

If you tie to the frame rail and then to the pinch seam. This creates a lever which causes the force to actually be spread across the floor above the seam, not the seam itself. (the force is upward, not pulling down)
I have seen the whole floor section push up there, however, so use as much surface area as you can.

thanks for the input folks. pretty much what i thought so i guess its time to fab 'em up with some 3/16" CRS i have layin around...flat black powder coat and ready to roll...
tanks again
Nim

Back