• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ramsey Winch on Warn Bumper

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone mounted a Ramsey REP 8K winch on a warn winch bumper. It is the bumper that the winch mounts on the top of the bumper as opposed to inside. The only thing I can see that may be different is where to mount my Control box. It used to mount on the top of my Olympic bumper , but now the winch will be there on the warn bumper. I wiped out my Olympic in a wreck and I need the longer brackets of the warn for support. The front of the uni-body connect points are toast from the OLY bumper ripping the bolts out and twisting the shit out of it. I will probably put some welds on the Warn bumper too for added support.
Thanks ! :sunshine:

i put a milemarker winch on a warn trans4mer brush guard. its a little tight to hook up the remote, but it works fine.

just right on top of the motor where it goes. i had to take the tube off to put it on then just bolt it back on. it is a tight squeeze but it works. i have been meaning to drill a whole in the side to run my remote through so that it does not always get kinked against the side. i know if i keep this up it will eventually not work when i deen it

Back