• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUILD: My 1987 "Wagoneer" XJ Limited

Re: Seat-belts

Interesting observation and response to it... Understood.

I was able to score a almost perfect condition '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 tire cover. $30 shipped from Colorado to New England. Most people won't notice it or even know what it is. Every time I am doing something in my cargo area and look at it I can feel a small grin come across my face. Just makes me happy. Can't explain why. After all it is just a tire cover. Again thanks for the links. Picking up some 16" Icons for my '00 and was thinking I would get them done. PA is a little far but if I have trouble finding somebody in my area at least it is an option.

Door-panels are back!

Door-panels are back from the upholsterer:

IMG_1091_zps8jjslrmm.jpg

Re: Not for the purest...

If you're a purest... Skip this update! lol

The cargo-strips are ready to re-install... But how to-do?

When I had the chrome polished... I had three holes punched in each piece.

My plan, although not tested, is to lay a piece of Masonite under the carpet and attached the cargo-strips to it.

Stay-tuned!

IMG_1023_zpsng6l7ora.jpg

Lined-up one row and the others laid out nicely:

IMG_0998_zpscdeelqvx.jpg

Re: Door-panels are back!

I wonder if they can replace the cardboard backing as well as fabric?

Mine need both.

Door-panels are back from the upholsterer:

IMG_1091_zps8jjslrmm.jpg

I wonder if they can replace the cardboard backing as well as fabric?

Mine need both.

Good point... The shop did make-up new back-boards. I usually don't post costs... But these were too inexpensive not to share. $150.00 for all four panels. I thought a bargain!

Sweet!!!! I need just 1-2, that rotted from window seals leaking rain at the wing windows on the front doors.

I am still looking for a 1-2 OEM door speakers still as well.

Good point... The shop did make-up new back-boards. I usually don't post costs... But these were too inexpensive not to share. $150.00 for all four panels. I thought a bargain!

That is a bargain.

Thank you for mentioning that.

I have no doubt many of your costs would be mind-boggling to some of us.

Rear Cargo-are Store-bin

Was a concept... Now done:

Door-hinged and turn-lock/catch. Door/panel covered with http://americanfoamco.com/product/ez-flex-i-ii/

I used the same NOS fabric from the door-panels on the top-sill of the side cargo-panels - Foam under fabric to add depth.

IMG_1122_zpsafnn6rd6.jpg

IMG_1130_zpsipl30hsx.jpg

Door-panel(s) Installed

One down... Three to go. Need more clips... Ordered... Waiting.

IMG_1115_zpsuqz2veyg.jpg

Rear Cargo Completed

Cargo-strips attached. Cargo-hooks installed. Cargo-net installed. Cargo-cover installed. Spare-tire cover... Almost installed... Needs to sit in the sun when the weather warms up to stretch better over the tire. E-Z Flex carpet covering the sill.

IMG_1118_zps3agbpjkm.jpg

You are missing the door speakers?

No speakers om the rear doors. They were only on the gate ,front doors, and uplevel had dash speakers.

Speakers

No speakers om the rear doors. They were only on the gate ,front doors, and uplevel had dash speakers.

I count six on mine!

Lift-gate Interior Panel

This is a do-over of the first panel...

Stock:
27400140_10212782424610271_240368659_n_zpswa4x9qzq.png

I made a 3/8" wood frame to fit inside the blue-lines. Which allowed me to remove those two weird tail-ends at the top. Then had a straight-edge instead of the rounded-edge to butt the new carpet up to.

New Panel:

IMG_1220_zpsbt4ncltl.jpg

Replaced speaker-grates to match front-door speaker-grates; Re-painted to match interior color.

Flex-carpet wrapped around and under the edges. Standard-carpet in the center. FYI: I used 3M-tape to adhere materials to the plastic.

NOS fabric across the top; Vinyl-edging to match.

From experience... I find the plastic-clip hold-downs hard to work with. Therefore, I replaced them with screws/finishing-washers.

IMG_1228_zpskoqxpn9d.jpg

New "JENSEN" tags... I sent a sample to an online merchant who re-created them for me.

IMG_1230_zpsja8lbch3.jpg

Hardware: Screws, "JENSEN" tags. And the plugs I inserted into the holes in the lift-gate to secure the screws.

Just curious why you're adding the extra carpet to the trim? Just like it that way?

Yes. :yap: It's part of covering all the (ugly:)nosmile:)) plastic.

Back