NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old March 25th, 2015, 07:43
NAXJA Forum User
LED Alternator Light with PCM Controlled Alternator???

I hope someone can help he out here..... I am building a custom steel / Aluminum dash with all aftermarket gauges and lights. I thought I had the Alternator light all set in my head, then I came across something I didn't expect. I thought I would hook up the traditional LED light and resistor the field side of the alternator, then I found that these alternators are PCM controlled.

Does anyone know if a typical charge indicator light would work on the alternator? Or, if there is a different way to hook it up?

XJ is what's left of a 2001. Alternator is a relocated 2001 136A WJ 4.0L alternator, but same hook up to XJ PCM. There are so many things in progress (torn apart) on the jeep right now that I cant start it up and test wires right now, so I'm hoping a Jeep wiring guru can chime in.

Since everyone loves pictures, here's one of the in progress dash (1/2" LED indicators are now under each of the gauges)...