• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D&C Extreme Cage kits........

Timmy2XJS

NAXJA Forum User
so i know a lot of yall make your own cages and what not, but i dont have the tools, time, or skill really to do it my self, so i was goin to order one of their kits, and have a local shop install it.

id like opnions and feed back on them.

id searched for the last 45 min and all i found was one guy who said that the customer service sucks.

TimmyNAXJA

Its a great starter cage.I have the 5th one produced in my rig and have quite a few friends that have them, as well as the one in the giveaway XJ.Damien (owner of DandC) is a personal friend of mine and I will admit he's slow on shipping.I actually had a conversation with him a week ago about him needing to stay on top of getting them shipped and let him know people have been unhappy with shipping times.Don't know if it will help but we shall see.I personally haven't had any shipping issues but then again all I have to do is drive the whopping 1 mile to his shop.:D

Thanks man, HREW tubing? Is this really an ok substitute of DOM?? I was looking at the prices and it's actually cheaper buying the kit then getting the steel and bending my own.. but then I noticed it's not DOM would it still be just as safe? (sorry to thread jack)

Thanks man, HREW tubing? Is this really an ok substitute of DOM?? I was looking at the prices and it's actually cheaper buying the kit then getting the steel and bending my own.. but then I noticed it's not DOM would it still be just as safe? (sorry to thread jack)
Most cages I know of are HREW.

I wouldn't and won't run it in critical places. However I think it might be fine to penny pinch in the less critical areas. Yet still, I am and will continue to use DOM for piece of mind.

Honestly this has been debated numerous times and it always comes down to personal opinion.

Most cages I know of are HREW.

Mine is HREW for some of it...

Its done everything I wanted it to in the 3 rolls its seen...

so the general consensus is that its not a bad kit? it will be goin into my rig wich is still a daily driver so it doent have to be too hardcore. im not gettin all that crazy.
when my other XJ is back up the "big" one will become more a dedacated trail rig.

btw thanks for the imput and responces! i love learning new stuff.

Damien makes great products. You wont be disappointed. HREW is fine for a cage. Although, it make take a little to get to your door, it will be worth it.

I was looking at the site and could not determine how they tie into the body. Are they supposed to be welded to the body or is it bolted to the unibody.

I think Santa's kit started out as a D&C Jim. You have seen his.
Ya, just never paid real close attention to it :(

Found some though, not liking how high he mounted the dash bar and the bar behind the front seats.

HPIM0769sm.jpg

HPIM0768sm.jpg

HPIM0767sm.jpg

And some additions:

HPIM1085sm.jpg

Ya, just never paid real close attention to it :(

Found some though, not liking how high he mounted the dash bar and the bar behind the front seats.

HPIM0769sm.jpg

HPIM0768sm.jpg

Those bars are mounted by the customer, not Damian......You can mount them lower, this guy just chose to mount them there......Maybe so it would be easier to weld it in place? I would be hitting my knuckles while steering....

Those bars are mounted by the customer, not Damian......You can mount them lower, this guy just chose to mount them there......Maybe so it would be easier to weld it in place? I would be hitting my knuckles while steering....
Yea that's what I was saying, not too hot on where the customer put the bars, but you may be correct. I just wouldn't want it that much in my vision.

D&C cages are nice & well designed for the money you can't beat it. Seen quite a few of them in XJ's & I bought one for my IH 800 a few years back & loved it.. As stated customer service lacks & shipping times were very long, like 3 months. I do understand when your busy phone calls come last on your list of things to follow up on. Maybe things have changed?

Is the B pillar hoop right above your head when the seat is slid back? My head is pretty darn close to the roof now as it is, just wondering if this would make it worse? It looks like a great kit to start with, and could be added to where needed pretty easily.

Back