• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Lower/upper adj control arms?

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
well my lower control arms(skyjacker's) are beat up and im goin up 2"s here in the next 2 months. so im curious whats the best company to get my arms from?...i have been looking around online and searching, but i couldnt find a post comparing strenght or what not. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sean

I'd get Rubicons, they are built very well. Don't think anyone has ever had a real problem with them. If anything they have the Super Flex Joint that is real easy to rebuild compared to say a Johny Joint on a Currie Arm......... :lecture:

I have Fully Adjustable R.E. Uppers and Lowers...............:cheers:

im leaning towards them considering i can walk to there shop from my house, but im just curious about durabilty of them how they handle the rocks. but i guess if im not seeing any posts about broken/bent arms or toasted joints from Rubicon i should take that into consideration.

SeansXJ said:
but i guess if im not seeing any posts about broken/bent arms or toasted joints from Rubicon i should take that into consideration.

BINGO!!!!

RE is over-built.. a good investment.

kubtastic said:
or could also consider the quieter JKS arms with the rubber bushings

Agreed - had the RE and now the JKS and I'm not going back. Just as flexy and built to get beat on.

A lot of the hard core types here in SoCal run RE arms. They have proven to be very strong.
I run the RE Super Ride upper and lowers CAs and the ride is almost like stock with better stability. They were a big improvement over the extra soft CA bushings that DC used in the 2001 XJs.
The JKS are also well built but much more expensive. Too rich for my wallet.

Be careful if you buy Rusty's or an off-name product like Mako....you DO get what you pay for. Enough said.

Back