• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thermostat housing

Jeff in VA

<---respect
Spent the morning replacing the thermostat housing, after three failed attempts at getting the old one to seal after I replaced the thermostat a few weeks ago. I didn't specifically ask for one, but the parts place gave me a high-flow housing, and it juuuusssstttt barely clears the idler pulley and belt. Doesn't leak either, like the old one (turns out it was a tiny bit warped after all :headpop: )

IMG_3471.jpg

about 1/8" clearance on the idler pulley:

IMG_3472.jpg

little more clearance underneath for the belt:

IMG_3473.jpg

Jeff

I wish my motor was that clean :(

I just replaced my thermostat as well...I'm running mainly water right now until I can flush my old stuff, but I noticed my dash temp gauge now hovers around 215 but fluctuates like crazy. It used to sit about 160. Is this just because I don't have coolant in yet, and the water isn't good enough?

straight H2O isn't a good recipie,you need a 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water. Not tap water, distilled.

:cheers:

Jeff

straight H2O isn't a good recipie,you need a 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water. Not tap water, distilled.

:cheers:

Jeff

This ^

I wish my motor was that clean :(

I just replaced my thermostat as well...I'm running mainly water right now until I can flush my old stuff, but I noticed my dash temp gauge now hovers around 215 but fluctuates like crazy. It used to sit about 160. Is this just because I don't have coolant in yet, and the water isn't good enough?

Fluctuating temp gauge tells me that your system needs to burp, you have air in it.

I got it from a local independant parts house I use...brand is "Parts Master" #84802. Box says distributed by Alliance Parts Warehouse out of Little Rock, AR. It is aluminum, like the OEM.

Jeff

looks the same as the one I got....the center portion where the end of the thermostat sits is completely hollowed out. There's alot less casting material than the OEM one (I shoulda took a picture before I installed it, but didn't).

Jeff

Back