• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just found out

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
I just heard from my doctor and he is planning on taking me off of my ship for six months so that I can have surgery on my sinusis(Nose is all screwed up havent been able to breath or smell for over 4 years) It is serious enough that they want to hold me back something about the fluid in my head deterioating the bone . So what this means for me is that I wont be deploying in may like I was supposed to. I am both excited and dissapointed about that. Good because I wont have to leave the family and will finally be able to breath and smell Bad cause I wont get to see the foreign ports that I wanted nor will I make the extra money that comes along with deployment. I should find out 100% on the 9th. I am stressed out aghhhhhhh

If I end up staying behind I want to do something with the heep. If and when I get that extra tax check I want to either get a front locker or a iron s bumper kit. 250 will be the budget. Any thoughts?

good luck on the surgery are they gona do the peel your face back thing that they did on my uncle last year that was narly to think of but he healed up really fast and shows no sighs of any monkeying in there except he can breath easy and smells are a little un-familiar still

I had a "sinus irrigation" where they put a needle in each sinus cavity and push antibiotics up there. Sounds like yours are even worse off than mine. Good luck with that bro.

I had bilateral sinusotomy/septotomy a few years ago. Can't say I'd do it again, but if yours is bad enough to deteriorate bone, I hope it helps you!!! Good luck!

Hope all goes well with the nose issue.

As for what to do with that $250 - Aussie Locker. You can always get a bumper later. The bumpers look cool but the locker will be of more benefit. I bought bumpers first, and wish I had spent the $ on lockers. That was a long time ago....

So, make sure you tell the doc you have to be in Big Bear on May 3rd! the clean air will help you breathe better..... :roflmao:

If you're still interested in swapping my 1.5" shackles for your MJ shackles, I'm up for that. Still haven't gotten that done yet. :) Best part is, it'd be free for you.

Back