• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Found some $$$$

Choose one

• Selectable Front Locker and Winch

Votes: 35 26.7%
  • Selectable Rear Locker and Winch

Votes: 35 26.7%
  • Sel Front & Rear Lockers

Votes: 40 30.5%
  • 2 New 33" MTR's and Winch

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • 2 New 33" MTR's and 1 Sel Locker Front or Rear

Votes: 10 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to decide on how to spend it. It's around $1,000, and trying make the most of it.

My rig is pretty well setup: 33's, 4.88's, TT front 30 and a 44 Aussie Rear.

I'm really looking at getting a locker with minimal backlash, the Aussie has served me well, but I have a Manual Tranny and it can get bucky. The Front TT has been more open than locker for me and I can use it in my other XJ.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity... how are you figuring on a selectable locker AND winch for around a grand? Selectable locker I'd figure on $700-800, plus compressor cable (arb or ox), and that's assuming you're installing yourself. Winch is $500-1000 depending on what you're doing. I'd go for a winch (new or used, WARN), and find a decent fr. winch bumper or add a fr. receiver and buy a multi-mount.

J

$1,000 is a good start for a dana 44 front axle

IMO i wouldnt waste that much money on the dana turdy

do you have skids, bumpers, armor? if not i would get them before a new locker

Hookers and blow, duh :)

(Front & rear lockers would be my choice.)

Last edited:
What's wrong with bucking? I love it... You are already locked front and rear, buy something sweet.

Something is kinda fucked up with your true-trac if it's acting like an open diff.. I've had one in my front end for a couple years, and it never wants to slip.

Winch, and bumper... You're totally wasting your time putting an ARB in a D30, because when you grenade your carrier, you will hate yourself. Dana 44, or winch gets my vote.

I know someone who has ran an ARB and 4.56 gears in his TJ for 9 years, since it was new with 35's, stocks shafts and absolutley no problems..

Granted now that he's on 37's he just ordered a 44 from superior but thats pretty good service out of a dana "turdy"

steelmen said:
$1,000 is a good start for a dana 44 front axle

IMO i wouldnt waste that much money on the dana turdy

do you have skids, bumpers, armor? if not i would get them before a new locker

Bryan C. said:
I vote a tera-low kit for the t-case. :dunno:

I thought about that, but the chain drives me crazy, unless you say different.

I rather wait to save up for an Atlas or Stak. Also the 4.88 seems to me to be low enough for the trails I run, I'm just trying to make things more comfortable and reliable.

My last expierence on Swamp made me realize the need for at least a winch.

As far as a locker, I considering an Auburn Etched.

Avanteone said:
Just out of curiosity... how are you figuring on a selectable locker AND winch for around a grand? Selectable locker I'd figure on $700-800, plus compressor cable (arb or ox), and that's assuming you're installing yourself. Winch is $500-1000 depending on what you're doing. I'd go for a winch (new or used, WARN), and find a decent fr. winch bumper or add a fr. receiver and buy a multi-mount.

J

Chuck knows good people..:cool:

casm said:
Hookers and blow, duh :)

(Front & rear lockers would be my choice.)

I'm with casm on the blow. If you score blow, all kinds of broads with be your 'friend' for the night. ;)

Go for the blow. :D

blow is pretty popular with the LDS crew :laugh:

tcase gears make the world of difference. x2 on the terra 2 low or putting a rubicon case in there.

SeanP said:
blow is pretty popular with the LDS crew :laugh:

tcase gears make the world of difference. x2 on the terra 2 low or putting a rubicon case in there.

My backlash issue, is it my LB locker or is it more slop from my 231 case? Both? I would like to first get the backlash under control.

So I'm kinds leaning toward the Rear Sel Locker and winch.

What you youngins forget is we is Old folk. Blow would kill us ! :twak: We had are days, its over now and we just creep around in the rocks for fun.

Back