• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle tube seals for D-30?

I am running those (not branded Ten Factory, but probably the exact same thing with a different label on it). I would not regard them as a substitute for the real axle seals which are the inboard minor PITA to replace. I regard them as a good dust shield to protect the real seals.

Yeah definitely ... I wouldn't even think of using them to replace the real axle seals.

How many miles are on yours? Does yours have the grease fittings? Are they holding up, or getting wallowed out?

Thanks!

I installed them on my old D30. Greased them with every oil change same as every other fitting, seals always seemed to be full and never had any obvious problems.

You have to stay up on maintenance with them. The problem is people don't keep them greased and the rubber burns off, then the tube fills up with junk and can't leave because there's still a little bit of the rubber holding it in

Those seals are great if you don't have the vacuum connect CAD axel. If you do it will not fit the passengers side.
Still I put one of these seals on the drives side just cause I could.

But definitely keep them greased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah definitely ... I wouldn't even think of using them to replace the real axle seals.

How many miles are on yours? Does yours have the grease fittings? Are they holding up, or getting wallowed out?

Thanks!

I probably have something on the order of 5K miles on them. Not enough to really draw any conclusion.

Yes, they have zerk fittings. I hit them with the rest of the chassis lube points, and I hit all those before any big trips.

Back