• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My rear bumper build 56k beware

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally finished my bumper so I figured I'd post up for some opinions on what Ive done. Click on the pics to make them bigger
I started out with a piece of 2x6x3/16 a cut it down

Then I started making the mounts they are about 18 inches long and also 3/16 thick

Then box in the ends to match the body lines starting to look like a bumper

other side starting to fill the gaps

one d-ring mount welded through and sittin in primer

How to mount the spindle without covering my taillight???

final plan

The tire carrier is pretty straight forward its like almost every other one you see out there its tilted back to go with the body and as high as possible to avoid getting hung up on things so here it is

only sits about 4-5 inches off the hatch

so there it is I also picked up offroad only's liteplate it has a liscense plate light and 3rd brake light built in lets hear what you think

That looks pretty damn nice.

In the first pic, I thought you were building the bumper out of a plank of wood, that steel was so rusty.

Wow man, nice fab work....very impressive!

WOW. thats damn sexy. I gotta do that now...

Those nutstrips are worthless for any kind of support,It should be something like this bolted the the nutstrip inside the rail.
That things going to rip off there like a pop-top to beer can!
rear%20bump2.jpg

Last edited:
with it being in the center I can still see out the passenger side corner which is the only thing I really wanted, so I can see cars around my blind spot. And I can kinda see through the holes in the wheel lol. When I put my gas tank skid on it will sandwich the frame between the 2 and be plenty strong

Very nice! It may be my favorite rear XJ bumper. I totally dig how you matched the body lines. So many other aftermarket bumpers look like no one put any thought into matching the lines.

How much to make me one with out the tire carrier? :)

RCP Phx said:
Those nutstrips are worthless for any kind of support,It should be something like this bolted the the nutstrip inside the rail.
That things going to rip off there like a pop-top to beer can!

I've already been tugged out by it before it had the tire carrier with no problems and it seems to be working great

Back