• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire rubbing

jonesy72

NAXJA Forum User
im in a 99 . with a 4.5 rustys ,adj lower conrtol arms .adj track bar.. on 31's .. im getting some serious rubing when flexing on the pass side .. accually ripped off the flare and dented behind the tire.. my lca's are set at 16 1/4 in and i mesured (centered ) the track bar when i installed .. the jeep tracks nice on the road . not sure where to start .. no rubbing on driver side

Make sure your bump stops are there. If so you need to flex out and measure. Then add some hockey pucks or something.

I have the same setup and trimed about and inch off my fenders and will just slightly rub now. The only thing i can tell you is to trim or bump stop.

I would go with Front Bump Stops before Cutting. IMHO

I would suggest getting Front Bump Stop Extensions from Rubicon Express that bolt to the bottom Spring Perches as opposed to extending the length of the Factory Bump Stops. The problem with extending the Factory Set is that they can get hung up in your Springs while flexing. I have broke a Daystar Extended Bump Stop off before.

Yes, one could use Hockey Pucks, too. IMHO

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep/XJ/Products.aspx?folder=XJBS

324.jpg

maybe i didnt explain this ..its like the wheel is farther back on the pass side ,than the drivers .the bump stops wroking fine . and getting no rubbing at all on the driver side .i even get alittle rub when pulling in the drive way but again just on the pass side . i was thinking about turning out the LCA a couple turns and see if that helps? i shouldnt have to do any trimming as the 31's tuck real nice up in the well on the the driver side .but deff not on the pass..
thanks ill take a look at the lca adjustment .

Back