• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wagoneer Dana 44 Disk brake swap

Fish413

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I am adding disk brakes to my rear 80s wagoneer dana 44. I am going to be using Eldorado calipers. My question is regarding brake lines. I know i need a flex line that goes to a hard line. Any ideas what kind of lines i would need (Flex line, hard line, and single main hose)?

Thanks

Assuming this is going under an XJ? You can have stainless lines made to run from the calipers to the factory junction block. This is what I did on my XJ 44.

P1010026.jpg

flex line from body to T fitting. Hardlines from T fitting to bulkhead fitting. braided line from bulkhead to caliper. I have a few trips on it so far with no issues.

Assuming this is going under an XJ? You can have stainless lines made to run from the calipers to the factory junction block. This is what I did on my XJ 44.

P1010026.jpg

Are there any downsides to having all flex line and no hard line? Also where did you go to get the custom stainless lines made?

flex line from body to T fitting. Hardlines from T fitting to bulkhead fitting. braided line from bulkhead to caliper. I have a few trips on it so far with no issues.

Your build is very similar to mine. Any other information regarding the cabling/lines. How did you rig up the ebrake?

Are there any downsides to having all flex line and no hard line? Also where did you go to get the custom stainless lines made?

No real downside. The line is on top of the axle so it's not in danger of being damaged and you are simplifying your system by eliminating a hard to soft transition. I went to local speed shop that whipped them up on the spot.

A A I Speed Equipment - Arvada, CO

Back