• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks Through The Floor build up

try mc master carr, i use allen head 80% were i work. they have a huge selection. 1 day shipping most of the time(they have a few distro centers).

the whole project looks great man, very clean.

try mc master carr, i use allen head 80% were i work. they have a huge selection. 1 day shipping most of the time(they have a few distro centers).

the whole project looks great man, very clean.

yeah they do have them, but before i looked it up online i just went ahead and took the flapwheel to the socket. i didnt have to take off much for it to fit... and now i have a "shock socket" :jester:

so this is what you were thinking about on your honeymoon ;)

you had better belieive it!

just as an update, i threw some paint on it, silicone rtv'd it wherever i could imagine leakage, including underneath, and then threw the carpet back in and cut it out to match. so far it works awesome... next up are some prothane bump stops front and rear:smoker:

man, that looks great and seems like a very well designed, functional setup! I'd flapwheel any surface rust off, put a coat of clear enamel over it, and put the carpet back down around it like you already did. For some reason I really like the look of brushed metal, so it might just be me.

man, that looks great and seems like a very well designed, functional setup! I'd flapwheel any surface rust off, put a coat of clear enamel over it, and put the carpet back down around it like you already did. For some reason I really like the look of brushed metal, so it might just be me.

well quite honestly its in the cargo area, so i didnt go for looks so much. i thought about smoothing all the welds down witha flap wheel, but i was tired of not having the jeep on the road.... but lucky me i ended up breaking a engine mount bracket... so now its off the road again.

here is pics of final:

P9030945.jpg

P9030946.jpg

That is VERY sharp!! Nice work!
Stukboy

thanks! it definatly was a lot of work, but i still DD this rig, and i wanted it to be sealed up.

some after thoughts:

cutting through the stock crossmember was a serious PITA. especially because i was using a 4.5" grinder. getting it in the tight spaces was a trick, and i ended up opening it up more than i really had to in order to cut enough all the way through. also, on the passenger side it would be easier to seal up if you flipped the lower shock mount around to the other side of the axle. reason being: the body takes a dip for the back seat, and there is a weard plate that is screwed/spot welded on the inside, and when this section is cut out there is an area where water and other crap could come in underneath the back seat. basically to seal this off i jut filled it with a ton of RTV sealant. overall i think i am happy with it, and i think it will be plenty strong.

Beakie, i would like to see some pics of the setup that you just did in yours, i'm sure your breif description does not do it justice

Thread revival!

I'm looking to do something similar on my 90. What size tube is that? How much higher was your mount from stock? Are you still on the forum? Has anyone else done a similar setup?

Back