• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Magnaflow Exhaust Installed

Rand McNally

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my Magnaflow exhaust installed today. I went for a custom catback exhaust. Here is my take:

Sound is ok. Not as loud as I was hoping for. It should get a little louder as time goes on. I guess I was expecting a little more rumble, but it is only a 6 cylinder. Rolling the windows up and cruising down the interstate at 75 is as quiet as stock. I am pretty impressed with the low cab noise. I didn't want a lot of exhaust sound in the cab and this definately is quite. At idle there isn't much difference. As the RPM's rise, so does the note. It gets to the point of a real nice rumble and maintains; never reaching that "ricer" sound. And never getting obnoxious.

Performance wise I don't really know. It is hard to do a seat dyno with this. I would like to believe there is alittle more power off the start, but let's be real, probably is just my "want to justify my purchase" talking.

This is the first aftermarket exhaust I have heard in person. I would have liked to have heard a few other options before I pulled the trigger on this one, but I had an exhaust leak and now was the right time.

Which Magnaflow muffler is it?

I'm putting a borla, hi flow cat, and 2.5" stainless cat back and want to use a magnaflow muffler on my stroker.

Matthew

$289 installed. I think the muffler itself was $138 + $30 for the "Magnaflow chrome tip" (it actually says Magnaflow on the very tip). I looked at others and the price was pretty similar, except for the Borla which was almost double.

Which MagnaFlow did you get? There are three sizes, I just installed one (14255) on my GC 4.0 and thinking of going with bigger or smaller size for my 92 XJ.

Back