• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors?

Who has WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors?

Do you like them? Are there any other brands that you guys/girls like?

Thanks Serious Offroad, I'll keep you in mind. I would also like to hear from those who have the Rugged Ridge Rain Deflectors.

I bought them for my dad on his F150. They are pretty pricey and are good quality pieces, but the fit leaves a bit to be desired. On his, the rear windows sometimes hit the deflectors and won't go all the way up. Pretty annoying. If I had tapered them a bit with a file, it wouldn't be a problem, but I didn't know about it before I installed them with the adhesive. They go in the window channel instead of just stick to the outside, which makes them stay in better, but a bit more problematic.

I have the Weathertech ones and have been using them for years with no problems. Matter of fact, a buddy of mine was messing with it one day while I was driving down the road and managed to pull it out. When he did that the wind caught it and ripped it out of his hands and tossed it onto the road, where my old man promptly ran it over in his Honda. Turned around to go pick it up, expecting to see it in a million pieces and it barely has a scratch on it! I was very impressed!

I will say, Serious Offroad has his for a much better price than the Weathertech's usually go for. I got mine on sale many years ago for not much more than his.

I'm one of those that like being able to roll the windows up at 80.

Do the Weathertech deflectors slip into the channels/moldings, or stick on the side?

Do the Weathertech deflectors slip into the channels/moldings, or stick on the side?

They slip into the channels, so they don't take the double-sided tape.

2wpl15x.jpg

347jthc.jpg

i57xnp.jpg

14spf1k.jpg

In 20 years of cars, trucks, vans and jeeps I've owned, Not once have they fallen out or been messed with. In channels can't be stolen with the window closed- they would break if pulled.
In channels look better and I think work better.
As for them being jammed in there, sure they are, by a very thin piece that slips into the channel with adhesive to secure them. Funny thing, mine are not held in with the adhesive atm, I'm waiting to get the windows tinted and wanted to make it easier for the guy by being able to take them out.

The only thing I did not like about them is the mess up the areodynamics. I noticed that when driving with them on salty or dirty wet roads that the center of the glass would get extremly dirty. They would become dangerous after a couple hours of driving. I had to stop twice on my way from GA to PA to wash my side glass so I could see. I took them off for the drive home and the windows stayed much cleaner.

I guess they cause the air to roll in a circle behind them. Instead of letting the air slide past them. Other than that I had no complaints about them.

I have the tape-on AVS deflectors, and while they don't do that, they do direct water back to the top of the B pillar, and of course the tape works loose somewhere once every year or so. I wish I had seen these when I bought mine.

The only thing I did not like about them is the mess up the areodynamics. I noticed that when driving with them on salty or dirty wet roads that the center of the glass would get extremly dirty. They would become dangerous after a couple hours of driving. I had to stop twice on my way from GA to PA to wash my side glass so I could see. I took them off for the drive home and the windows stayed much cleaner.

I guess they cause the air to roll in a circle behind them. Instead of letting the air slide past them. Other than that I had no complaints about them.

That's an interesting observation. Thanks for sharing. Even though those circumstances may only happen on rare occasions, it's still worth noting. At least it's something to be aware of.

Thanks for the Pics! Those do look nice on the XJ

In channels look better and I think work better.

I like that the WeatherTechs are more low profile as compared to the self-adhesive styles, although, I wonder how they would compare with noise reduction?

I have the tape-on AVS deflectors, and while they don't do that, they do direct water back to the top of the B pillar, and of course the tape works loose somewhere once every year or so. I wish I had seen these when I bought mine.

I like that the WeatherTech is somewhat "removable" whereas the others are more "permanent". I would like to repaint my Jeep at some point and it’s nice knowing that the WeatherTechs can be removed and replaced.

How are you guys liking these for reducing wind noise? Is it a noticeable improvement?

In my opinion, the XJ has so much road noise that these do not significantly reduce the noise level. With that being said, it was nice to crack the windows and not worry about rain getting into the cab. If you plan to do a lot of driving with the windows down, then I suppose there might be a theoretical improvement in wind noise reduction.

Back