• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pressure Issue?

89heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 Jeep Cherokee with a I6. Of course there is no radiator cap. I have the overflow bottle. I have been through 2 new bottles. The pressure seems way to intense. It keeps blowing off the caps on the bottle. Then when I go to re tighten the caps they are stripped out. I keep returning the bottles as defected but there has to be a bigger problem. Any suggestions?

I have an 89 Jeep Cherokee with a I6. Of course there is no radiator cap. I have the overflow bottle. I have been through 2 new bottles. The pressure seems way to intense. It keeps blowing off the caps on the bottle. Then when I go to re tighten the caps they are stripped out. I keep returning the bottles as defected but there has to be a bigger problem. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you are getting the aftermarket (read that as Chinese) pressure bottles. The caps that come with them are crap and will strip when hand tightened.

I purchase a OEM cap at the dealership, and that works fine with the cheapo pressure bottle, $11.

In another thread couple of posters said they put a worm clamp around the cap and it stayed on with that.

Back