• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thanks guys .... problem solved

sandandsurf

NAXJA Forum User
THANKS GUYS PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! ( see "puzzler")

I used your specs and checked everything out .... it all looked right on. So I pulled the distributor and moved the stator to the other side of the mounting screw (it has that little metal bar that locks it in, moved it from the left side to the right side)

Sure enough ..... she runs like a five dollar chinese watch. starts easy, full power, no breaking up.

I guess next time I'll pay a little more attention to detail when I do things the first time.

Anyway, be warned ..... if you do put the stator in wrong, It runs like its off a tooth and cuts out at 3500 RPM. (I'm must be first Idiot to figure that out.... of course I'm probably the first idiot to put it in backwards in the first place). Hmmm I wonder if there is a prize or something ..... I could use it to buy hair replacements for the ones I pulled out......

Tom

No problem, just a suggestion for the future. Glad she's up and running right. I posted a link on the other thread to this one for you.

Rob

Last edited:
Back