• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering pump reservoir

CGEMC

NAXJA Forum User
I was trying to remove the return hose from my PS pump when the fitting snapped off the reservoir. I found the reservoir seperately from several suppliers, but its listed for '91-'96 4.0. Does anybody know if this will work on a '97 4.0. The part numbers for the pump are the same. Since my steering worked fine except for the leaky reservoir I'd like spend $25 instead of $150ish. I can't post attachments for som reason, so I'm including a URL of a good picture.

http://www.just4jeep.com/catalog/product1060.html

Thanks for your help.

Ron

I think it will fit directly, the only thing is you might have to get a little more hose or cut a little off of your existing hose to get it to fit. Wait for a couple more opinions before you take my word for it though.
-Collin

I pulled my reservoir off to get a better look and I also think it is the same part. I have to order it since no one has it locally. While I have it apart I plan to flush the system, and replace the return hose since I had to cut it to get it off the fitting. The fitting did'nt break so much as it failed at the connection to the tank. You can look at it and tell it was glued on from the factory. No splintering, no deformation of the surrounding plastic, nothing but a perfectly round hole where the fitting used to be.

Back