• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

16" wheels for a 2001 XJ

davebz1a

NAXJA Forum User
Here's my problem I buy my tires at Costco. I like their warranty and service. I have a set of P225-75-15 Michelin X Radials, which I have 65K miles on them. I need to replace them, but Michelin stopped making that size tire. The only tires they sell are the BF Goodrich Long Trail TA's Touring. I had the Long trail TA's not the touring, and got 35K out of them. Michelin does make a P225-75-16. Does anybody know if Jeep 16" wheel bolt pattern and which Jeep wheels would fit?

most ZJs came with 16" wheels and should bolt right on, and the "moab" wheels off the TJ rubicon models that are 16" wheels are still the same bolt pattern as the XJ. the 17" Moabs are different but the 16's are 5x4.5 and will bolt right up.

Jeep Icons and Moabs are 16". They'll fit your Jeep. 5 x 4.5.

I'd bet that Michelin makes a P235/75-15 in that particular tire you're looking for.

Edit: Those guys beat me to it.

If you really want a 16" Jeep rim, you could find a set of Cherokee Limited rims (I think they go by the name "Icons") or Rubicon Moabs from a TJ wrangler. Both are 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Here are their respective pictures:
66016d1316024486t-wanted-xj-16-icon-wheels-jeepiconwheel.jpg

12125d1265116537t-2001-xj-2-rustys-bb-rubicon-moab-wheels-p1311058.jpg

Hey man I have the 16" Cherokee limited rims (pictured above) on my 99 Cherokee sport and according to my GPS my speedo is 3 mph off. Just FYI.

Libertys also had the 16" wheel

Hey man I have the 16" Cherokee limited rims (pictured above) on my 99 Cherokee sport and according to my GPS my speedo is 3 mph off. Just FYI.
That has nothing to do with the wheel selection, but the tire selection. Stock may be off any how.

My 2000 had the correct speedo gear stock for a 30" tire.

most ZJs came with 16" wheels and should bolt right on, and the "moab" wheels off the TJ rubicon models that are 16" wheels are still the same bolt pattern as the XJ. the 17" Moabs are different but the 16's are 5x4.5 and will bolt right up.
Ive never seen a ZJ with 16in wheels. Maybe a 5.9, but as far as I've ever known ZJ's have 15's. WJ's have 16's, but they are 5x5, and won't bolt on an XJ. Libby wheels are what you want, or if you're willing to run spacers/adapters then you can run JK, or any of the other bolt patterns you like.

Oh, and this may be to your advantage http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/jeep-wheel-specifications.htm.

There were plenty of ZJs with 16s. I had a set of the gold honeycombs on my 95 XJ. Looked just like these.

y6ajedy3.jpg

uva8ery2.jpg

Here's my problem I buy my tires at Costco. I like their warranty and service. I have a set of P225-75-15 Michelin X Radials, which I have 65K miles on them. I need to replace them, but Michelin stopped making that size tire. The only tires they sell are the BF Goodrich Long Trail TA's Touring. I had the Long trail TA's not the touring, and got 35K out of them. Michelin does make a P225-75-16. Does anybody know if Jeep 16" wheel bolt pattern and which Jeep wheels would fit?

Just read back over your original post...

A 225-75-16 is not going to be the same size as a 225-75-15.

Why are you set on the Michelin X Radials? There's a ton of other tires out there that'll run for that many miles.

If you'll step up to a 235/75-15 Michelin offers several attractive tires to choose from at Costco. I like the looks of the Michelin LTX AT.

If you get 16" wheels, the stock size is 225/70R16. A 225/75R16 is slightly larger.

I don't think buying different wheels so you can get your tires at Costco makes any sense. You will have to spend more money on the 16" wheels than you will probably get back for your 15" wheels if you sell them.

I'd go to tirerack.com or discounttiredirect.com and look for 225/75R15s. A lot of tire places will mount tires if you buy them online, and you can pick which tires you want.

If you get 16" wheels, the stock size is 225/70R16. A 225/75R16 is slightly larger.

I don't think buying different wheels so you can get your tires at Costco makes any sense. You will have to spend more money on the 16" wheels than you will probably get back for your 15" wheels if you sell them.

X2. just step up to the 235s. slightly larger but not enough to effect fitment or drivability, and cheaper than the 16s. unless there is another reason for wanting the 16s, but it doesnt sound like it.

Bump for an old thread, immwomdering if the patriot 16" steelies will fit on my
Xj? I know the lug pattern is correct and I think the backspacing should be correct
But I just can't find a lot of info out there but the biggest thing I'm worried about is the
Center bore I believe it's called, I'm not sure how that affects it, I just need some 16's
For now. Still new and can't figure out the pic link but I know they came on 07-16 patriots
Thank you all in advance

Bump for an old thread, immwomdering if the patriot 16" steelies will fit on my
Xj? I know the lug pattern is correct and I think the backspacing should be correct
But I just can't find a lot of info out there but the biggest thing I'm worried about is the
Center bore I believe it's called, I'm not sure how that affects it, I just need some 16's
For now. Still new and can't figure out the pic link but I know they came on 07-16 patriots
Thank you all in advance

Yes, they'll fit but they're going to look goofy with 30-45mm of offset. They have around 5.5" of backspacing so they're going to sit in a lot.

Back