• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bleeder valve trouble

NCSUcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
so i finnaly get around to swapping the axles that have been in my driveway for months now and i am almost finished, everything is hooked up and good to go minus the brakes

the right rear bleed valve is stuck on and damn near round. i tried getting at it with the vise-grips, no luck, and no wrench can grip it.

can anyone suggest a way i can get it out in the limited space i have to work with in between the spring perch and drum?

Don't even fight with it. Spring for a new wheel cylinder, and remove the bleeder from the new one and put anti-sieze on the threads before you even install the cylinder on the backing plate.

To add to what Eagle suggested, if you live in salt country. Clean off all spilled brake fluid after a bleed or brake service. Hot water and soap works best. Put the dust cap back on the bleeder, then take a small paint brush and cover the bleeder and the brake line end/nut with white grease (or whatever is handy). The grease will most likely last till the next brake service. Really makes life easier, if you plan on keeping your XJ, for years.

Back