• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix head in stroker build

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm working to make a plan of what to do about my worn out 1988 Renix engine. One of my options is to build a stroker engine.

After doing a lot of reading it seems like almost everyone uses a HO head on their build. To keep things relatively simple regarding the TPS, intake and throttle body, I'd like to use the Renix head. Is their anything wrong with using it other than it won't flow and make as much power?

I'm wanting to build a good solid engine that will run on 87 pump gas and be reliable and work with my existing Renix electronics.

I have a 12 wt 258 crank and rods already.

Thoughts?

I've got several extra throttle bodies. Who and where do you recommend to get one bored out?

What is the stock dish on the H802CP pistons? Jeepstrokers says 15.5 cca while another book says 13.4. I'd say 15.5 since Jeepstrokers is the authority but I just want to be sure.

I'm trying to figure my SCR and DCR.

I didn't measure mine, but my research years ago found that the 802s and 825s had 15.5cc dishes.

Talk to Russ Pottenger. He built the 4643 motor, which is using a Renix head. Perhaps Cal will weigh in as well.

David Bricker / SYR

My quench was .0645 for the above formula. Looks like that is premium fuel only. I've got to play more with the numbers to get the quench down to .035.

I hate to waste Russ' time since I don't have the funds to buy a motor from him. I had no idea that the 4643 XJ was running a Renix head. That is pretty encouraging.

Back