• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5" lift and need new brake lines..

jjvande

NAXJA Forum User
so my stock front brake lines finally gave out after all the stretching...I went to NAPA to look at the 95' YJ fronts, and wasnt very satisfied with them as a longer replacement. THe rubber portion of the line was the same length as my stock ones, but the metal tube that connects to the calliper was aobut 3" longer on the YJ ones. This metal tube was bent in a way that i don't see how to mount them to increase slack.

Has anyone used the NAPA lines?

should i get em and bend the metal tube?

who has the best deal on SS lines for teh front?

-Thanks

I am at 4.5" of lift and am using 95 YJ lines and they work fine. I didn't need to bend the metal portion at all. A direct replacement. HTH, NICK

96XJCLASSIC said:
I am at 4.5" of lift and am using 95 YJ lines and they work fine. I didn't need to bend the metal portion at all. A direct replacement. HTH, NICK

I have a 1999 with a R E 3 1/2" kit with 1 3/4 frt spacers and 1 1/4 lift rear shackles and the 1995 yj hoses front and rear work fine-i think I bent the metal part on the fronts a little bit- nothing major -just by hand

Thanks, i wasn't sure if having that metal tube sticking out there was going to be a problem or not....i'll give em another chance.

-J

Back