• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recovery Strap Locally

Hey E,

Try Jeep Solutions at 5901 Paramount in LB. It used to be a really cool shop called Harvey's Complete Jeep. This guy Dave bought it a while back and its a little hit-and-miss now. But, I usually give him a shot as the local little guy. I have finally sworn off 4wheel parts - too many crappy experiences there :nosmile: . I also have one you can use if you need it.:eeks1:

let me know.

Hey Evan,
I'll give them a shot tomorrow.. Yeah, I only like going to 4Wheelparts for last minute things or non-big-ticket items.. They usually have attitudes and only know what they read from the computer or catalog...

Ken,
I'll use yours as a back up if I don't buy one or don't pick it up from Shaggy...

I wanted to throw it out there just in case someone knew of a cheaper place...

E

GrimmJeeper said:
if you want to come out here to gardena i got one for $30 20000lb, comes with a case too.

Are you near the 110 & the 91?? That should be a pretty easy drive for me.. Is this Napa??

E

EliasJ123 said:
Are you near the 110 & the 91?? That should be a pretty easy drive for me.. Is this Napa??

E
yea im right where the 91 ends, its not a napa brand but its a good strap.if you want it give me a call at the store, 310-324-1171 and i'll go have it picked up. takes me about an hour to get it.

If E doesn't want it (or if you have 2) I will take it. My current strap is pre-NAXJA and has the metal hooks on both ends. Made it easier to lash it to my pre-NAXJA recovery points (AKA axle tubes). Now I've got C4x4 tow hooks and a D-ring hitch receiver so I am ready to move up in the world.

Ok. I want one. :D I'll PM you.

Thanks Mike.

I ended up buying one from Mike at Napa. It's a pretty hefty recovery strap.. BUT, *Be Warned* - If you go to Mike's work, he will force you to buy cheap sunglasses. I told him "no thanks", but he insisted and when I resisted, his tattoo'd co-workers stepped forward. One even blocked the door. He said that he felt bad, but he showed me his contract stating that he MUST sell cheap sunglasses to his wheeling "buddies.

LOL........

E

*Disclaimer - if you know me by now, you know that all of this is true and if I don't repeat this story verbatim, it's probably because I'm just trying to block it out of my mind.. *

hey its not my fault you have a funny shaped head and only the cheap sunglasses will fit :D

thanks E, enjoy putting your strap on

:D

GrimmJeeper said:
hey its not my fault you have a funny shaped head and only the cheap sunglasses will fit :D

thanks E, enjoy putting your strap on

:D

:rof::rof:

Good one Mike... Thanks Again...

Seriously, I know Mike put this out there before, but it's really a great deal and a "beefy" strap... So, take him on the offer.. I may even get another one..

E

Maz said:
I kinda remember that name. I can be wrong, but didn't they also do complete engine/tranny rebuilds?

Yeah,

Its a parts counter, like 130 square foot of retail space and two bays in the back. They fixed my dad's '77 FSJ transfer case (BW quadra trac) back in like 1990. It's not like it was, but at least it's local.

Back