• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveline vibrations

xjfreak40

NAXJA Forum User
Every time I let the clutch out on my '91, it feels like the driveline will vibrate horribly. (and yes, I can tell the difference between that, and doing a poor job letting the clutch out. :p ) I have had problems before with the rear drums not always releasing when I took my foot off the brake pedal, but now they have beem dismantled, cleaned, and the shoes replaced. The problem persists. If anybody has had this, or has a good idea what it might be, I'd love tuh hear from yuh.

Sounds like what mine was doing and it was U-joints. Make sure it is in Neutral when you check them. I had one cap that the bearings were dust in. Rides like a cadillac again now.

Thanks guys, I was a little worried that the t-case might be the culprit. I just replaced the bushings with some nice poly's, and it never occured to me to even inspect the U-Joints. (A truly bright moment for me.:explosion) This jeep is still pretty new to me, and I'm working on going through it and sorting out some of the issues.

Back