• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

walk me through a tummy tuck

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

looking for a fun...relatively easy project to kick off the wheeling season. been wanting to do a tummy tuck and, build a skidplate protecting as much of the trans/tcase as possible.

So far it looks like I can buy a clocking ring for the np231, and take care of that pretty easy. am I missing anything, or just get the clocking ring, and rotate it up a few degrees....floor pan modifications.

after that anybody got pictures or writeups on building crossmembers/skid plates?

Thanks

Mine isnt quite done yet.
it wasnt too hard on my rig,i have a ton of clocking options with my doubler so i clocked the case up then lifted the drivetrain a little,my second t case fits under the drivers seat.

Right now i just have a crossmember under the crawl box so i have to add some more under there but the belly is flat.

you dont really need a clocking ring, just redrill the holes on the transmission. and you will need to make or buy a different linkage setup for the 4wd shifter

or if you have an AX15 you can swap the rear tailshaft housing for one from a TJ or YJ and that will clock the Tcase up enough

Last edited:
this is with a YJ tail housing and a 2x6 crossmember. some floor massaging was needed
CAM00177_zps1d4f8048.jpg

don't need one but it makes drilling it stupid easy. He may just be referring to the clocking ring like IRO sells.

oh the jig? then absolutely. i wouldnt drill without a jig of some sort.

A clocking ring takes away spline engagement on the tcase input

Back