• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So My wife says lets go for a walk!

Jeeperrick

NAXJA Forum User
We built a new house and there happens to be a service center/junkyard called Mommaerts about 4 blocks away. I made the trek up to their fence through a 40 plus acre field just to take a look during our walk, and what do I see.... 4 of the most sexiest headlights you'll ever find! A waggy!

That was Wednesday, I've been working on planning my winter mods and a Dana 44 or 8.8 has been on my radar for a few months. I couldn't sleep the last few nights wondering about this thing, so this morning I walked over and talked to the guy. We took a look at it, sure enough...Dana 44!

How much? Hows $150.00 and we'll take it out! Sold!

I'm going to Minneapolis for work next week, I originally planned to buy a lift from Iron Rock since I'll be right there and could save on shipping, besides, I'll have my company truck (2500 Silverado) to haul it home in.

Well..I'm going to build my front and rear axles at this point instead and buy the lift in a month or two, besides, I'm waiting to see the new Long Arm from R.C. so I now have an excuse to wait. Here are a few junkyard shots of the Waggy!

My plans are fairly mild as we wheel as a family and usually only do the mild to moderate stuff. I'm looking at 4.56's, a 5.5" long arm, and 33's, possibly 34's (LTB's). I'll save that for my 33" or 34" tire thread :) Just kidding! I had planned on running a rear Detroit, but I can buy a front and rear Aussie for the same price as one Detroit, so...we'll see!

Waggy.jpg Dana 44.jpg

Last edited:
Back