NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old January 10th, 2018, 16:45
NAXJA Forum User

Go Fast Springs?

I've done some research and have seen a few older threads with guys saying that Deavers or custom leaf packs are the only way to go for a Jeepspeed/Prerunner build. And I've read a lot of mixed opinions on front coils too. But its been a few years and there are some more spring options out there. Does anyone have any recommendations on a more budget coil and leaf spring for a Prerunner build? I've seen Rusty's makes a Jeepspeed leaf pack, OME makes a nice set of leaf springs (any good for go fast?), RE makes really affordable springs (but I've read their quality is bad now?), Clayton makes springs too. My build is geared towards a Jeepspeed/Prerunner, but on a budget as much as I can. Any help or input would be awesome!
Old January 12th, 2018, 21:25
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Go Fast Springs?

All springs sag.
oem is best quality. that's why people are building bastard packs and using stock springs with better luck.
Old January 18th, 2018, 15:55
NAXJA Forum User

If you want to go fast I suggest deaver coils and leafs plus many other things
Old January 19th, 2018, 16:58
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Punisher View Post
If you want to go fast I suggest deaver coils and leafs plus many other things
I do know they are the best options, but definitely not the cheapest. Maybe I'll just go for the Deaver Coils for now and get my front end setup right. Save up for some Deaver leaf packs, maybe I'll come a cross a good alternative to get my rear end done sooner and more on a budget.
Old January 21st, 2018, 21:40
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDude89 View Post
I do know they are the best options, but definitely not the cheapest. Maybe I'll just go for the Deaver Coils for now and get my front end setup right. Save up for some Deaver leaf packs, maybe I'll come a cross a good alternative to get my rear end done sooner and more on a budget.
You can do a lot with "decent" springs, shocks and bump stops. Maybe consider tuned shocks from Accutune Offroad
Old January 22nd, 2018, 09:31
NAXJA Member

Shocks play a huge role is go fast performance
Old January 22nd, 2018, 22:48
NAXJA Member

http://www.racingsprings.com/Jeep-Sp...prings/sku/301

I'm running the 6" 250 progressive coils but will probably drop down to a 4" as I'm a bit tall with the D44 truss. They aren't cheaper then the Deaver coils, but give you a few options on height and spring rate.
'00XJ Mall Krawler Edition Bishop Buehl 4.7Stroker, Rock Krawler aluminum 3 link, D44hp Yukon air zip, D44 35 spline axles locked by RWKHaus. Stiffners, and brackets by Ruffstuff. High steer-Parts Mike. T&J, fenders+ cage. Bilstein 7100, 35 KM2, OMF Beadlocks, PAC coils, Deaver G9leafs, BrownDog mounts, Currie antirock, PSC hydro
my build
Old January 31st, 2018, 15:14
NAXJA Warranty Voider

I've tried a BUNCH of springs.

If you want to go fast, buy deaver. There are other options out there, but they are just as much money and not as good, or less money and are trash.

If you show up with cash in your hand and ask nice you can sometimes get a better price

Whomever said people are building bastard packs 'with better luck' is so full of it his eyes are brown.
Old February 1st, 2018, 02:26
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post

If you want to go fast, buy deaver. There are other options out there, but they are just as much money and not as good, or less money and are trash.

If you show up with cash in your hand and ask nice you can sometimes get a better price

Whomever said people are building bastard packs 'with better luck' is so full of it his eyes are brown.
Haha! Thanks for the input! I'm gonna go with Deaver coils for sure and save up for a set of leafs too. I kind of knew all along thats the answer I was going to get, but I just wanted to be sure.
Old February 6th, 2018, 20:34
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post

including PAC?