NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old September 7th, 2004, 12:50
NAXJA Forum User

color coding for ignition switch harness

hi guys!

(1987 XJ 4.0 auto)

i try to install a remot starter (i actually only wanted the keyless entry but the thing was on sale).
i have to tap into the wiring for the ignition switch and was hoping to avoid the try and error method. can anyone tell me what color what cable to the ignition switch at the steering colum has?

also, i need a tach signal (meaning the remote starter has to have a basic idea of how fast the engine is running)
i have to connect either the negative side of the ignition coil or the negative connection of one of the injectors - any idea what's easier?

thanks a lot,
micha