• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moog TRE's

LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased a Big Daddy tie rod and would like to upgrade to the Moog TRE's for it as my TRE's are shot. I called 2 retailers trying to order the Moog TRE's and got conflicting info on what ones I need. I was told to contact the tie rod manufactur directly for the part number. I than decided to call/email BD, and couldn't get ahold of anyone who knew, was told they'd email me if they could get me the info. Havn't heard from them yet.

I decided to do a seach on a few forums and that just leaves me even more confused, as I get tons of conflicting info etc.

I've narrowed it down to what I "think" are the correct part numbers for my application ('89).

Outer Tie Rod End
LEFT HAND STEERING ARM TO CONN TIE ROD ES2221L 84-90 (1)

Tie Rod End
LEFT HAND STEERING ARM TO CONN TIE ROD - AT CONN TIE ROD ES2223R 84-90 (1)

Is this correct?

I than tried to find them locally to no avail. so I decided to call up Summit as I knew they carried the Moog line. Well my luck is they are out of stock, and won't have them again untill the end of the month. Not going to work as I'm weeling the weekend after Easter.

So my question is this.

1) Do I have the correct part numbers?
2) If the part numbers are correct, will they work with the BD TR?
3) Should I go with the Moog's or should I go with something totally different?
4) Does anyone know who's got them that I can order them online?

Thanks in advance!

Back