• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire bead breaker

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
Does anyone locally have a tyrepliers or other bead breaker that I can borrow one day next week? I know I can do the job with a floor jack, but an actual bead breaker made for the task would just be easier, and I don't really want to buy something I'm probably only going to use once. So I figured I'd throw this out there and see what happens.

Thanks.

If you have a hi-lift that will work. I usually use either my sliders, rear hitch or rear bumper to react the hi lift, with the base as close to the rim as possible. Sometimes you need to do it in two spots for the bead to fully break. Soapy water also helps.

Is that where you were coming from when I saw you on the freeway today, Al? 😁

I told Monica "I know that guy!" She said "Are you sure? He looks angry". I realized that on my first pass, you couldn't see my bald head because the window was closed. Lol

Not angry at all. Just wondering why some dude in a JK was waiving at me. I thought maybe my Jeep was on fire or something.

Back