• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GenRight Gas tank

EndlessMtnFab

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched up and down with multiple terms .. but cannot find any info.

I remember a thread with some sneak preview pictures of the GenRight tank for the 97+ XJs.

Was it taken down ... or am I just too stupid to think of the right terms ? :looser:

They do make one. I called a couple weeks ago about one. They sell for $900.

I just spoke with Tony the day I made the original post. He said it's been shelved for now and I started looking at other options. A post on another forum triggered my memory that a gas tank was built & there were pictures.

I have an idea of what I'm going to make now .... so we'll see how it turns out. :)

Want to get a little further along in my build ... and then I'd like to start a thread here.

Joe

jaz products has a 32 gal tank designed for the xj. dunno if late model tanks are differant in shape (i know theyre plastic)
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=995711&

That looks like the typical crappy work Eric & Ryan do on their XJs. Is it any wonder they never do well? :nono:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Just kidding .... I've been in touch with Eric on the side. I'm not really wanting to cut things much more than I already have. I believe Eric is following my build on another Jeep board (not of his own free will --- I threatened to stop buying from him).

Purchased the fuel pump ring from Tony @ Genright and requested he not drill the flange. That way I can weld TIG weld the ring to the rest of the tank.

Might be something I start next month. :)

Joe

Back