• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Is your blow by bad? Could be sucking up crank case oil. Those 7.3s always seem to drink some oil in cold weather.

I still believe one of the best things you can do for a 7.3/6.0 isadd a good bypass oil filter like amsoil. It does a lot for helping the high pressure pump and injectors. And they can be changed every other oil change. I personally wouldn't go more than. 3-4000 on intervals either.

And always use the motorcraft glow plugs. Aftermarket ones never get as hot.

Yeah, I definitely get some blow by. I originally did the CCV vent mod to atmoshpere, with a collector that could be drained in the back. Thing was, it would still drip out the end, out the filter, so I put it back.

I know some of that oil it sitting in the bottom of my intercooler (wish they made put in a drain for those!)

Bypass filter...hmmm...in all my mods didn't see something like that. Not too hard, but nothing ground breakingly different.

Glowplugs are Motorcraft ZD-11's (the good ones), and I've got the upgraded Stancor Relay.

The bypass filter is just nice because it really helps keep the oil clean. I hit the easy button and got a kit that uses an Amsoil filter. I kind of wish I'd pieced it together though. Now I'm stuck using Amsoil filters as they use a Dodge oil filter thread pitch for the filter head and they're the only ones making bypass filters with that thread. If I'd pieced it together myself I could use a generic Baldwin filter head and get much cheaper filters. The Amsoil bypass filter is 45-50$, I did find a Luberfiner filter that is the same but that one is even more expensive.

I might just order a Baldwin filter head for it and see if I can make the hoses and bracket from my kit still.

It's not the oil in the Ford's oil pan that is most important, but rather the flat bed she rides on.

Sloth-Laugh.gif

tenor.gif

tumblr_m8en0xIgz91ro2d43.gif

haha-shut-up.gif

c7338bb990c85431cd005bf21392e5ac7db913f20201da71b3379bcd92809032.jpg

8101-fordtailgate.jpg

a3bfca33bb1afba01dec05969670e8fc--ford-memes-ford-humor.jpg

Pull into the yard this morning you go from heading west to making a sharp 90 left facing North pulling into the guard shack, well I do the usual keeping the left long enough for the trailer to follow then cut back right then back straight...lol...this is basic trailer tracking , but apparently it's suspicious driving to out guard shack and warranted a driver safety check...lol... apparently our guard shack does not see this driving very often , but then again many of our fleets power units have crushed cab extenders , so it's not like a lot of the drivers the guard shack sees are even aware of their trailers position let alone care about being lined up straight.

Last edited:

Pull into the yard this morning you go from heading west to making a sharp 90 left facing North pulling into the guard shack, well I do the usual keeping the left long enough for the trailer to follow then cut back right then back straight...lol...this is basic trailer tracking , but apparently it's suspicious driving to out guard shack and warranted a driver safety check...lol... apparently our guard shack does not see this driving very often , but then again many of our fleets power units have crushed cab extenders , so it's not like a lot of the drivers the guard shack sees are even aware of their trailers position let alone care about being lined up straight.

HAHA! Sounds about right. We pulled cab extenders off all our 18's because of this reason. Looks a little strange with a short sleeper and no cab extenders, but saves the money.

HAHA! Sounds about right. We pulled cab extenders off all our 18's because of this reason. Looks a little strange with a short sleeper and no cab extenders, but saves the money.

In 13 years I've never touched a trailer to my cab ... I like my equipment to look like I'm a skilled driver ...lol... to the average person it's a deny but other drivers know you ran into yourself ...lol

How come I cant edit my damn posts any more?

Mods delete the bald dude post please.

FIFY

Its kind of odd, most sub forums I time out in 20 minutes, some not at all.

This forum has always been weird with that. I really dislike the time limit on editing.

Found the spring eliminatior on my driver side knuckle is loose already ... The heavily beefed Stockers have held up well but it's time for a set of solid engineering knuckles and arms that go on and off easy unlike my stockers that have the arms welded to the knuckle in addition to the heavy plating ...That is the last stock item on my 60 besides the inner C ... lol... there's nothing cheap about a junkyard d60 once you actually get rid if all the stock parts on it .

Anybody else planning to attend the 35th Anniversary Event in Moab? Maybe wanting to split a cabin?

Do you have lodging plans yet? Is Moab typically really busy at that time, or can I probably get away with waiting until closer to the event?

Well got the Jeep running last night AAANNNNDDDD it doesn't move. Really thrilled about that. There is pretty much no fluid coming out of the line cooler return line (rear fitting). I know the torque converter was installed properly. I'm thinking I may have an air pocket in the pump but this would be the first time I've run across that. I did have the valve body out for a the shift kit and replaced the gaskets. Gonna mess with it more tomorrow. If nothing works I'll probably pull the valve body again before the whole trans again.

Anyone ever had something like that happen? I did pretty much drain the entire trans.

Do you have lodging plans yet? Is Moab typically really busy at that time, or can I probably get away with waiting until closer to the event?

I do not, you never know what’s going on in Moab so I always get lodging sooner than later, I have had our campsite for EJS reserved since last EJS. We usually stay at Moab rim camp park.

Back