• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermittent Wipers

comanche91

NAXJA Forum User
Would like to convert my base two speed wipers to intermittent operation. If I replace the wiper control stalk with an intermittent one, and install the wiper delay module under the dash, will everything work? Has anyone ever done this? (91 MJ) Thanks

Not certain, but I believe the wiper motor may have to be replaced.

Where are all the factory techs when you need one? :(

It would be unusual if the wiper motor has to be replaced. The motor shouldn't care what is turning it off and on. The intermittant gizzmo will just turn it off and on instead of you having to go it every time you want a single cycle of the wipers.

PaulJ, I'm sure you are right concerning not replacing the wiper motor. What 'm not sure though is if the column turn signal switch assembly has to be replaced. Have heard conflicting advice about this. Someone out there must have done this in the past, but I can find no writeup anywhere on it.

Back