• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cody's 96' 5 speed build!

airbusmeister

NAXJA Forum User
Well cylinder six finally went in my 96' 4dr, 5spd, so I did what we would all do. I Stripped out the entire interior, pulled the carpets, wheel liners, flares and started sanding the floor pan.

I figure I might as well start a build thread since it has been apart for some time now and i decided to break it down even further.
The plan is as follows.
Long arm kit
4.7 stroker
Re-gear
Re-paint
Trim Fenders
New rear bumper
New roof rack
Re-fresh interior, new carpets, sound deadening etc.
and then all the bits and bobs that go with that.

So i guess we start with the whole reason I parked my Xj.
IMG_20170407_011649038_zpspvd93qmg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As you can see cylinder 6 isn't too happy

I had a wet carpet in the passenger side foot well so why not.

I also had a family of ants living on my tranny tunnel. Caused me a couple of chinese fire drills when they would start pouring out of the center console

I cleaned up the floor pan and began to sand it down and ready it for bedliner

Last edited:
I started to roll on the bed liner and found one rust spot , i had not discovered previously, about the size i quarter.

I rolled on about 2 coats of liner, but still need to repair the rust hole.

The dogs thought they would help too....:0

My hoods clear was peeling and the bottoms of the doors and quarters were pretty rough so i sanded primed and got one coat of bed liner on them. I don't really care for the look of the roll on, so i plant to redo it with a spray on.

Wiper arms too!

I guess i should have given you guys a starting point too, I loved my jeep the way it was but there was definitely room for improvement. These were right before our last road trip loaded down.

Back