• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cross steering blue print

rodrigo_200

NAXJA Forum User
b40857eaecb927809701da142a0d5cfd.jpg

Measures in mm (metrics)
from side
5ab043a940bac4de6e0d84d99e164c73.jpg

from top
97fb24ba15d6d112bbd88094f451c3bf.jpg

from trail
00056cf78b8d1bc210048104fdf8158c.jpg

For those of us who went on larger wheels, or those who want to reinforce the front chassis, to avoid splitting in the steering box bracket, we made this plate to hold the steering box to the two struts and avoid bending And cracking thereof. I already have it installed in mine, walk ten! You have left the plane, you only have to make the 6 holes of the screws of each side, holding where the stabilizer supports and the protective cover of the crankcase, the steering box is fastened with a flange of exhaust pipe (two inches) And all solved. It is amazing how improved the en route, because there is no flex. In stone with large wheels the truth that much less undergoes the chassis. To put it is necessary to remove the cover covers Carter, stabilizer bar and pitman, it appears, the collar of the steering box enters the hole that is marked, there are marked and make holes where it picks up the spars, which do not Are others that the two that support the bar stabilizer but the one that supports the chapon covers carter, three by side. Once we have this solved we present the plate already with the screws placed. There we present the exhaust pipe flange, I put one equal to the one that supports the last section of the exhaust pipe in the XJ, which goes next to the tank of naphtha, we present and weld in height the fixed part and then with the Or threaded adjust the neck of the steering box to the chapon. We re-arm, pitman, stabilizer bar and chapon and ready. They will see that the crankshaft pulley is 5 mm from the chap, like the pitman, I did not have problems with that. I hope it has been understood and that it will serve to those who use the cloth with covers over measure and especially those who always walk the stones.

Last edited:
Trying to make sure I understand...

I am thinking "chapon" is steel plate, taking that from "chapa" on your blueprint.

Is "carter" the skid plate? It appears you are running a factory front skid, and I expect that is one of the items that has to be removed for this job.

I appreciate the effort on your part to share what you have made.

Chapa 1/4 de espesor is a 1/4 (inch, I assume) thickness sheet. Carter? No idea.

Looks like really good work, Rodrigo! If you have any photos of the installation process, those would be very helpful.

Hello guys, the google translator is not 100% reliable, but is fine sometimes

chapon is steel plate!!! yes

cubre carter is the front skid plate.

Back