• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 in need of weather stripping -

I searched here, no a lot of info but what I found helped a bit.

I came out to my Jeep this morning to find a small puddle of water in the floor mat on the passenger side. First thing I checked was the headliner - not damp at all. Then, in loking around more, it seems that the water was pooling in the channel the door weather strip makes where it is stuck to the body and was just overflowing into the car - the floor mat tucks right up under the plastic interior trim and was catching the water that way I guess. If it's not coming in this way, I have no idea how it got in. The carpet under the mat is damp too, so I figure it was getting in this way.

Anyway, I can't seem to find weatherstrip for 97 and later models - need help in sourcing this stuff. What model years will work - I might be able to get to a bone yard next week too.

Thanks all-

Find that leak at all cost, check under the "cancer carpet" and see if any damage has been done yet.
I just picked up door weather stripping (seal) on ebay. Check it out.

Back