• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No bus

Rick.rob

NAXJA Forum User
Long time lurker, can usually figure stuff out with searching but I am lost on this. Have an 01 4.0, turn the key starts right up. About 30 seconds later I get a no bus message and a check engine light. Jeep still runs and drives just fine, if I hook my phone to the jeep I can still read everything the gauges show through the torque pro app. Gauge cluster does the test( holding trip knob in while turning key on) and everything moves and lights up. I pulled the cluster out and cleaned both sides of the two connecters and made sure they were clean. Almost everything I have found online says CPS, but I wouldn't think that the help jeep would start and run with a bad cps.

If there is a NoBus and the engine runs, the problem is the connections behind the instrument cluster. If there is a NoBus and the engine doesn't run, suspect the CPS.

With it being the connections would it still be able to do a self test? This time I was able to get the CE codes and they are p1694 and p1698.

With it being the connections would it still be able to do a self test? This time I was able to get the CE codes and they are p1694 and p1698.

P1694 is a fault in companion module - No CCD messages received from the PCM - AW4.

P1698 is no TCM message from TCM.

In the past there have been reports that the TCM has caused your fault(s).

Try unplugging the TCM and see if the NoBus message goes away and all gauges work. If so, replace the TCM.

As far as all the gauges working when you do the instrument cluster actuator test goes, the test is of the self diagnostics feature of the instrument cluster that functions independent of the CCD Data Bus.

Back