• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12V drill

Neat idea.

Would probably work just as well for a 14.4 volt drill, since automobile systems actually run at close to 14 volts. Even at 12 volts it'll just drill a bit less quickly.

modifying a cordless drill that has 10,001 uses at home so that can be used for a half-dozen things on trail makes soooooooooo much sense.

keep up the good work.

Beezil said:
modifying a cordless drill that has 10,001 uses at home so that can be used for a half-dozen things on trail makes soooooooooo much sense.

keep up the good work.
Yeah it does if you got an el cheapo that has a dead battery and a new battery costs more then a new drill. It's called recycling :skull1:

I did something similar to that. I had a 14.4V battery that wouldn't hold a charge. I removed all the guts from it and soldered a 15' pair of 8 ga leads connected to small jumper cable style alligator clips. This gives me the best of both worlds.

Beezil said:

keep up the good work.

I've bought a couple of those drills (good ones, a Makita and a Porter Cable) for under 5 bucks at tag sales, because the batteries were dead and hard to find. Wiring one up makes sense, on or off the trail.

what could possibly need drilling with a 3/8 cordless drill on trail?

what? are you guys installing bushwacker flares int he back country or something?

Beezil said:

what? are you guys installing bushwacker flares int he back country or something?

Hey, one time I was out off-roading and had this nasty toothache. Man, what I would've given for a cordless drill that day.

Beezil said:

Did you not read the story. About how the bolt broke off in the yoke and they had everything they needed except a drill. I know you dont carry any spare parts but some people actually have to drive thier rig home.

Beezil said:

I used one once to drill a hole in the bumber to mount my trail flag. And I havn't carried one since.
But as bad as your memory is, I wouldn't think you'd remember that day.

Back