• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

arb headlight harness upgrade

srb531

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
anyone know the arb part # for the xj harness ? i seem to find 3 different #'s at 3 different prices , whats right for the xj ?
wf-12 $71
wr-1 $94
moo2 $124

whats the difference, whats right . thx

^^^Those are great. I have an H4 harness from Summit in both my '00 XJ and my '87 Ranger. Huge difference and harnesses are well made. No ceramic connectors but I run standard wattage bulbs, they are bright enough with the harness.

It doesn't appear any of these wiring harnesses include the connectors for the factory driving lights. I have a 2000 Limited XJ which has the factory driving lamps. Not a big deal, but I would like to find a kit that has the driving lamps accounted for.

I have not ever seen a kit that has this accounted for, and I've searched quite a bit over the years. There was a company in Australia that would custom build one a few years ago, at the cost of $150, and plus shipping.

If you want brighter fog lights, get different fog lights. The factory lights are adequate, and that's about it. I find myself using my lights only during slow night excursions and moving cars around the driveway at night is all. The beam pattern leaves a lot to be desired.

IMO, the ARB harness if overpriced.
I have an LMC truck harness in my XJ, and this one in my MJ..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221349534772?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I actually like the setup better than the LMC truck harness, as it has the ceramic plugs and standard relays.
Although the LMC truck/Putco (and maybe ARB) use a Honda style relay.

So, I recommend buying a nice set of H4 housings/bulbs with the money you save.

What are the wire gauges on that Ebay harness?

Another option for the harness is from rallylights.com Not only will they sell all the parts individually, they also built harness in house to custom lengths. They use 12 gauge on their harness and I am happy with mine.

I've had the putco harness in a jeep with 100W hella bulbs for 2 years.

It's $35.

I prefer this harness...well built and plug n play

http://www.headlightservices.com/Jeep.html

I installed this headlight harness yesterday. I just got home after driving in the snow/sleet tonight. Headlights are brighter after installing only the harness. I have the Silverstar Performance sealed beams.

The quality of the product is great! The connectors plug right in, lengths of wire are more than adequate, he uses the shrink-tube that has the glue in it, quality plugs/connectors, etc. Installation was easy: I just ran the wires, plugged-in the harness to the existing passenger-side headlight plug (trigger circuit to activate relays), plugged in the headlights to the new harness, connected the positive (fuse box stud) and negative (battery terminal) and it was done. Great product that comes with very helpful directions.

Back