• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HALON Clean-Agent Fire Extinguishers

XpedientJ

NAXJA Forum User
IF you ever do have to use your fire extinguishers, it can make a considerable mess and, potentially, the powder can do a fair bit more damage than the fire might have...... The answer: Halon, a 'clean agent', which leaves no residue.

1) 2.5 lb. Kidde FORCE-9 Halon extinguisher, unused. 3 3/16" DIA x 17" OAH.

Includes original metal bracket.

- $48., plus actual-cost shipping.

2) H3R, Inc. Av-type compact 18.7 oz. Halon extinguisher. 2 1/16" DIA x 8.5"

Unused, with metal mount Q-R bracket.

Marked "For aviation fire protection only. No other use allowed by law."
- Your call re use/application... { Your XJ DOES fly, correct...?? }

This is an ideal size for that compact unit that you want within reach
from your driver's seat....

- $35., plus actual-cost shipping.

------------------------------------------------------------

$$$ Paypal, or in-person. $$$

***Price them. These are a bargain.

*Can, of course, combine for shipping savings on both.

The 2.5 Lb. unit:

DSCN6102.jpg

DSCN6101.jpg

DSCN6100.jpg

DSCN6099.jpg

The 18.7 Oz. unit:

DSCN6104.jpg

DSCN6103.jpg

Um wasnt halon outlawed like 10 years back becuase of the enviromental danger and hazard to users? Ill check my firefighting book from last year but I seem to remember reading that.

-Alex

Banned from new production, except for military use, as of January 1, 1994

Halon "Blends" are no good ...

and its Agents the law to discharge unless for use on fire ... no testing or any of that ...

plus i think it has to inspected yearly or something like that by qualified people

and yes it is NO GOOD for the O-zone ... but either are most of are trucks

mecompco said:
I'm sure most any fire equipment company will refill them--I know our local one does.
Not with halon. To much hassle from the feds. On that note though, stop by any local fire extinguisher shop and ask them how much for a decent sized BC (or even ABC) extinguisher. Chances are, they'll sell you one for half of what you'd pay in any retail store.

mtmike said:
Not with halon. To much hassle from the feds. On that note though, stop by any local fire extinguisher shop and ask them how much for a decent sized BC (or even ABC) extinguisher. Chances are, they'll sell you one for half of what you'd pay in any retail store.

Wow, I guess our local, rural Maine fire safety company must be really progressive. They sold me my Halon ext. a few years ago and have hydrotested/serviced it recently. They advertise it on their website. I agree that you are better off going to a professional than to Wally World or the like for an ext.--they are not all the same quality.

PS, if you're in Central Maine, I can recommend:
http://www.kennebecfire.com

yes halon is legal.

costs close to 23 dollars a pound right now for refill (depending on market)

extinguishers from wall mart or lowes have to undergo the same Factory Mutual or underwriters labs testing as the "professional ones" do.

mecompco said:
Yes, but are they the same quality? Two completely different things. Would anyone here use Wal-Mart brand oil in their Jeep? It meets the same standards as do the name brand oils....

Good point there.

JeepinCoastie said:
Banned from new production, except for military use, as of January 1, 1994

Halon "Blends" are no good ...

and its Agents the law to discharge unless for use on fire ... no testing or any of that ...

plus i think it has to inspected yearly or something like that by qualified people

and yes it is NO GOOD for the O-zone ... but either are most of are trucks

Extinguishers were readily sold, elsewhere....

And, JeepinCoastie..... You probably didn't realize, when you posted here, that I AM the one to whom you still owe some money for an item that I shipped, in good faith, and trust, ahead of payment... Never too late to make things right. - Compromising one's Word is like violating the proverbial vaginal barrier: Kind of hard to reverse, once done.

Back