• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Single rear seat question

Hi Gang,

I'm building a storage and drawer deck for my XJ. I'm pulling the rear seat and putting my EdgeStar 'fridge on the passenger side so that it can be accessed from the side door as well as from the cockpit. However, I still would like to, in a pinch, retain the ability to carry a third passenger. I want this set up to be able to fold down and stow under a removable or hinged portion of the deck when not in use...

As usual, input comments, real world experience and criticism is much appreciated!

Thanks for the input!

Split is a no go for me. I need all the space on the passenger side.

Nice seat! However, if I'm reading correctly, they want $500+ for a single jump seat:wow: Pass the Vaseline!
True--for a new one. Scour the Land Rover boards and you'd find one pretty reasonably cheap. The cheaper ones come from Defenders and Range Rover P38s, I believe.
EDIT: To be honest, you'd probably come out ahead making one if you can weld and bend a small diameter/light gauge tube frame, and just bolt some cushions to it. Maybe even one of the marine seats intended for aluminum fishing boats. Something like this http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_58526_225008001_225000000_225008000_225-8-1

Last edited:
That's not an opinion, that's a fact. You shouldn't be driving anyone around in your back seat if they won't be wearing seatbelts

As I've said, thanks for your opinion.
I will do as please as will anyone else.
We all make our own choices and deal with the results...

BTW, if you are intrested in pursuing this topic any further(I'm not), please take it to PM's so as not to muck up my original question with ideological rhetoric.

True--for a new one. Scour the Land Rover boards and you'd find one pretty reasonably cheap. The cheaper ones come from Defenders and Range Rover P38s, I believe.
EDIT: To be honest, you'd probably come out ahead making one if you can weld and bend a small diameter/light gauge tube frame, and just bolt some cushions to it. Maybe even one of the marine seats intended for aluminum fishing boats. Something like this http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_58526_225008001_225000000_225008000_225-8-1

Thanks!
I like the Basspro seat idea. I think I might even be able to get it to work with the stock shoulder belt! Of course I don't know if it would meet NHTSA crash test standards ;)

Back