• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Resurrection of the Chief

Maltese Chief

NAXJA Forum User
In December I rolled my '89XJ, the Maltese Chief.
1226092229a.jpg

100_0080.jpg

I am thinking of rebuilding a black limited to look like this;
concept1.jpg

or this;
concept2.jpg

I am not sure which I like better and would really value your input, any comments?! :patriot:

Thanks.

The last one looks awesome!

I like the way the white bumper looks better, but the white bumper is gonna look worse once it gets scratched up a bit.

Id go with the black bumper. That would look pretty sharp. on some black steelies of course.

Xwhatever, latest one for sure, MoparManiac wins

I plan on doing the rockers and bumpers in black herculiner.

The white sides will be white herculiner.

Opinions seem to lean towards the white front bumper hoop!
That could be white herculiner also.

This is my concept for the rear;

Tail2concept1.jpg

Thanks for the inputs.

Any more suggestions would be welcome,
it's good to see lots of RED contributors here!

TC

Fine tuning;

concept1bworg.jpg

concept2org.jpg

Tail2concept1org.jpg

Eh?

Last edited:

i like this one too
glad to hear you're resurrecting it. the original looked so awesome.
as for the newer pics, what color were you going for with that trim? in my opinion, thinner metallic gold trim lines would be the only thing that would work

i like this one too
glad to hear you're resurrecting it. the original looked so awesome.
as for the newer pics, what color were you going for with that trim? in my opinion, thinner metallic gold trim lines would be the only thing that would work

That trim is actually a bright orange. It didn't seem to transfer on the photo as such.

The local high school colors are orange & black & white, as are all my office/business logos and signs.

Picked up the XJ yesterday and the body and undercarriage are rust free. The timing chain is broken (good thing my former engine is as new), and the main pos. and neg. battery leads are fried. I hope the entire elec system is not fried also. The "new" battery, Feb. 2010, seems to be shorted out also?

Any advice!?

It kind looks like a cop car. I like the black and white I am going to paint the hood black, following the lines, and down at the bottom. Mines white btw. I have some body damage to fix and hide.

It kind looks like a cop car. I like the black and white I am going to paint the hood black, following the lines, and down at the bottom. Mines white btw. I have some body damage to fix and hide.

I would like to see the photo's!!

I have the inside of mine stripped. I'm patching the floor over the muffler, and prepping for herculiner on the entire floor. This '89 is otherwise rust free!!

100_0203.jpg

100_0218.jpg

100_0222.jpg

I have carbon fiber cloth to go on the headliner, dash, console, and tailgate insert.

Doing some interior wiring for security and remote locks, window power, clearance lights,mirror with map lights, heated seats, and stereo/CD changer. I'm beefing up the battery, starter, and alternator cables with addition of mega fuse from high perf. alternator.

The sides will be smooth white durabak, and the rockers will be black herc.

Thanks for your post's.

Back