• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 swap questions

themud

NAXJA Forum User
Im doing a 44 front swap and Im leaving it full width 65" I have a tnt truss and ballistic fab coil and lower control arm mounts I just having a few problems setting the mounts... I have the truss ground to fit but tnt sent it to me with extra material on both sides of the truss(like extra wide) and have to cut it down to fit.. Im having a problem though how far apart do the coil buckets need to be center to center and how far apart do the lower control arms need to be.. With the ballistic fab mounts how far rotated up or down do the mounts need in relation to the center line of the axle... Im just trying to set the brackets left to right on the axle.... Does anyone have hard measurements on this stuff Ive searched here and on pirate and cant find what Im looking for and yep I read the hell out of Mr N's site and it doesnt help as he didnt use links for his rig like the factory stuff...

Help me 44 swappers....

themud

I'm about half way through a d44 swap myself. One of the photos with the measurements is from a cad file that origionally came from clayton offroad. I rotated the coil buckets back 5deg to help align the springs with the kick back angle of the upper coil mounts. Also i'm starting out with 5 degrees of negative caster as measured from the inner C's. Hope this helps!

Do you still have your D30? Take some measurements off of it, that should give you what you need.

Do you still have your D30? Take some measurements off of it, that should give you what you need.

Ditto!

Or measure another XJ.

Are you re-using the old control arms? If you're making new control arms you can put the mounts anywhere you want them. Many of us locate the LCA axle mounts even with the tube to gain clearance and put the arms at less angle.

I'm about half way through a d44 swap myself. One of the photos with the measurements is from a cad file that origionally came from clayton offroad. I rotated the coil buckets back 5deg to help align the springs with the kick back angle of the upper coil mounts. Also i'm starting out with 5 degrees of negative caster as measured from the inner C's. Hope this helps!

i was thinking about rotating them back as well but my track bar is in the same mount as the coil bracket and i dont want to cause any binding I might do 2 or 3 degrees and check it with movement...Hmmm and yes I be pulling my front and doing measurements with that as well I just want to know if there are any steps the write-ups missed.. Im setting my front at 5-6* caster and my pinion angle sucks but with lockouts Im not worried so much.. Im using a RK 3 link kit Goatman so I can rotate the lowers up but I dont want to go too far as I dont want to put any undue stress on the single upper trying to hold the axle from rotating and using mounts closer to each other on a horizontal plane won't help...unless I don't need to worry about that any experiences on this do I need to keep the x distance apart???

thanks
themud

Back