• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

prepping for a D&C cage install.. just wanted to tidy stuff up..

jmg222

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
turned into an all day, rip-the-carpet-out, grind rust, re-run EVERY wire I hid over the past 20 years... surprisingly, was not as badly rusted as I thought.

2e1vku8.jpg

24mi2xh.jpg

5fgbnn.jpg

28ro9dw.jpg

nope, the battery is located in the back. those are battery and winch cables. gave up trying to fit it in the engine bay with a SBC 350 :)
Amps for the HU and sub are under the rear seat.
Now that everything is out, I'm using it as motivation to properly rewire everything -- put a fusebox in, run wires intelligently rather than haphazardly, etc.

oh ok, and I thought about a 350 swap when my motor went, but decided on a cammed 4.0 instead. I also thought about putting a second battery back there but didn't wanna do the work, although ill end up running wiring anyways cuz I want a hookup for a winch back there someday

If I could have kept the battery in the engine bay I would have... I'd prefer not to have the cables running under the length of my truck.

350 is definitely cool, but a lot of work. If I were doing it over again I'd probably stick with the i6 and focus instead suspension/lift/axles, etc.

personally I want to do either the cummins R2.8 ($$$$$) or a 2JZT in a XJ funny thing is... a 2JZ will almost bolt up to the transmission since the same trans was used in supras

love the idea of a diesel, but nothing like the sound of a finely tuned chevy small block (ok, maybe an ls or an lt motor)

Subscribed

I just finished my D&C Cage I am happy with the results took me a long time to complete. Do you plane on doing modifications to the cage or interior?

no, hoping the cage goes right in stock.. did you have to make any modifications?

It will fit without modifying the intior if you don't plan on welding it to the A,B,C or D Pillars. I do recommend welding it to the pillars if you don't the cage will shake when driving.

thanks.

sub'd

will likely put in their cage when I get a few other things done. can't see myself buying a bender that will be used for one project

Back